February 19, 2015
Parksville, BC – On March 12, 2015 the Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce will honour the outstanding business members of our community. All employees and businesses of the Parksville District were eligible for nomination.
The Parksville & District Business Awards, sponsored by the Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce, The Parksville Qualicum Beach News, Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort, Vancouver Island University and Coastal Community Credit Union, honours individuals and businesses that have demonstrated business excellence and outstanding customer service in 2014. The awards will be presented at our March Chamber of Commerce dinner at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort.
The review panel selected as finalists those nominees that truly met the motivation for the awards: a business or person who demonstrated a great capacity for caring, applying original ideas, accepting challenges, and taking risks, while balancing the social needs of the community in their efforts. Over the past several months, nomination forms were distributed throughout the district and the review panel had the difficult task of choosing the following finalists in each of these four categories:
Outstanding Customer Service
• Suzanne Hedges – Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort
• Lois House – Quality Foods
• Dave Paul – The Beach Club Resort
• Kristy Lotzien – Soak Essentials
• Marieke Nijenhuis and Adam Skriver – Coastal Cake Company
• Kyle Johnson, Ryan Quinney & Antonio Zanchetta – PASS Woodwinds - Junior Achievement BC Business Challenge
Business Under 15 employees
• Isle Golf Cars
• Nanoose Business Service Directory
Business Over 15 Employees
• Eat Fresh Urban Market
• Joe Cunningham Ford (2012) Ltd.
• Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort
The Awards Ceremony will be held March 12th at Tigh-Na-Mara Resort. Tickets for the event are available at the Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce, 1275 East Island Highway.